Security Alerts & Travel Tips
Important Security Alerts
floridacentral is aware that there is a current attempt to obtain debit card information via Text message. Members have received text messages on their cell phones stating that ' their debit card had been compromised' and they have been asked for their, debit card number, PIN number, and account number. If you receive a text like this please do not respond and delete it. If you gave or entered your information please contact the fraud center immediately at 888-918-7313 (for debit cards) or 888-918-7847 (for credit cards).
Remember- floridacentral will never ask you for your PIN number or the CVV code on the back of the card- credit or debit. If you have any questions please contact the Member Services Team at floridacentral Credit Union immediately at (813) 879-3333 or (800) 528-3330 ext. 7550.
floridacentral is also aware that there is a current attempt to obtain account information via email stating that floridacentral is 'carrying out a major system upgrade' and that there may be 'temporary interruption when using online banking to access your account'. It goes on to ask for you to click on a link provided 'to forestall any fraudulent activity on your account' and asks that you provide your account information. Please delete this email immediately. If you did provide any of your information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Member Services Team at floridacentral Credit Union immediately at (813) 879-3333 ext. 7550 or (800) 528-3330 ext. 7550.
Phishing is fraudulent attempts to trick a person into providing personal financial information by sending an email, phone call, a text message, or a website link claiming to be from a bank, credit union, internet provider, etc. asking for verification of your account number, PIN number, and password along with other personal information. It is best to delete these types of emails from your inbox and deleted items and to contact floridacentral Credit Union immediately. floridacentral does not and will not contact members requesting account information.
If you are not sure if a phone call, an email, a text message, or a website link came from floridacentral Credit Union, we strongly recommend that you contact us immediately to confirm that the request or the information is legitimate.
If you think you might have received a fraudulent request and provided information, please contact the Member Services Team at floridacentral Credit Union immediately at (813) 879-3333 ext. 7550 or toll-free at (800) 528-3330 ext. 7550.
The traveling season is right around the corner! For those of you traveling soon, here are a few tips from floridacentral Credit Union to prepare yourself:
- Notify floridacentral Credit Union in advance that you will be traveling. We will need to know your travel dates and destinations to help prevent interrupted use of your floridacentral debit and/or credit card(s).
- Make sure you know the numbers to call if your card gets lost or stolen.
- Lost/Stolen Debit Card : 888.918.7847
- Lost/Stolen Credit Card : 800.449.7728
- Always take more than one form of payment with you when traveling. Some countries are limited in transactions or are even blocked due to a high volume of credit card fraud in those areas. Having more than one form of payment ensures your ability to make purchases.
- Keep your cards in a secure place while traveling and when you reach your destinations.