Security Alerts & Travel Tips
Important Security Alerts
Home Depot Breach: floridacentral is currently monitoring the information about Home Depot's payment data breach. As with these types of breaches, the information we have is what is provided to us by the company, such as Home Depot in this situation. For more information about the possible Home Depot payment data breach, please click here. We will keep our members updated as we learn more information.
Fraudulent Texts: floridacentral is aware that there is a current attempt to obtain debit card information via Text message. Members have received text messages on their cell phones stating that ' their debit card had been compromised' and they have been asked for their, debit card number, PIN number, and account number. If you receive a text like this please do not respond and delete it. If you gave or entered your information please contact the fraud center immediately at 888-918-7313 (for debit cards) or 888-918-7847 (for credit cards). Remember- floridacentral will never ask you for your PIN number or the CVV code on the back of the card- credit or debit. If you have any questions please contact the Member Services Team at floridacentral Credit Union immediately at (813) 879-3333 or (800) 528-3330 ext. 7550.
Phishing is fraudulent attempts to trick a person into providing personal financial information by sending an email, phone call, a text message, or a website link claiming to be from a bank, credit union, internet provider, etc. asking for verification of your account number, PIN number, and password along with other personal information. It is best to delete these types of emails from your inbox and deleted items and to contact floridacentral Credit Union immediately. floridacentral does not and will not contact members requesting account information.
If you are not sure if a phone call, an email, a text message, or a website link came from floridacentral Credit Union, we strongly recommend that you contact us immediately to confirm that the request or the information is legitimate.
If you think you might have received a fraudulent request and provided information, please contact the Member Services Team at floridacentral Credit Union immediately at (813) 879-3333 ext. 7550 or toll-free at (800) 528-3330 ext. 7550.
Internet/Mobile Banking Safety Awareness Tips
To keep your information secure while using Internet/Mobile Banking, floridacentral offers the following Safety Tips:
- Keep your User ID and Password Confidential: Your User ID and Password are the keys to your online account information. It is important to make sure your User ID and Password are as impersonal as possible. For example, do not use your account number, name, date of birth, phone number, or social security number as your User ID or Password. It is also advisable to keep changing your password every few months. In addition, do not store your User ID or Password in your computer or on your mobile device.
- Beware of questionable emails/texts: Scammers may send you emails asking for your personal information such as a User ID, Password, Debit/Credit Number or PIN, Social Security Number, etc. floridacentral Credit Union will never solicit your personal information through an email or by text message. If you receive this type of message, contact floridacentral Credit Union immediately.
- When logged in, never leave your online accounts unattended: Once you have signed into Internet Banking through your computer or mobile device, make sure to log out once you have completed your transactions.
- For Mobile Banking, password-protect your phone or mobile device: This will provide additional protection for your account information if your phone or mobile device is lost or stolen.
- Monitor your account activity regularly: Whether using your personal computer or your mobile device, review and monitor your account activities and transactions on a regular basis.
- If you suspect someone has accessed your account through Internet/Mobile Banking, contact floridacentral immediately: This allows the credit union to change your account, if necessary, including your login information.
- Click here to learn more about protecting yourself from fraud, scams, and other illegal activity.
The traveling season is right around the corner! For those of you traveling soon, here are a few tips from floridacentral Credit Union to prepare yourself:
- Notify floridacentral Credit Union in advance that you will be traveling. We will need to know your travel dates and destinations to help prevent interrupted use of your floridacentral debit and/or credit card(s).
- Make sure you know the numbers to call if your card gets lost or stolen.
- Lost/Stolen Debit Card : 888.918.7847
- Lost/Stolen Credit Card : 800.449.7728
- Always take more than one form of payment with you when traveling. Some countries are limited in transactions or are even blocked due to a high volume of credit card fraud in those areas. Having more than one form of payment ensures your ability to make purchases.
- Keep your cards in a secure place while traveling and when you reach your destinations.