Bob's Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 2 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 cup pickle juice
- ½ cup blackened seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne (or to taste)
- 1 ½ tsp. black pepper
Wing Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups Franks Red Hot sauce
- 1 stick cold, unsalted butter
- 2 ½ tsp. honey
Homemade Ranch Ingredients:
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill
- Combine brine ingredients and marinate chicken wings for up to 24 hours.
- Pat wings dry. Make a mixture of the blackened seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, and black pepper. Dry rub both sides of the wings, coating generously.
- Bake wings on a wire rack at 350°F for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Then turn up the heat to 425°F and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until wings reach your desired crispiness.
- While the wings are baking, simmer the 1 ½ cups of Franks Red Hot sauce, the butter, and honey until combined.
- Toss wings in sauce and you are ready to enjoy with celery and blue cheese or homemade ranch.