Brian's Island Chicken
- Boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
Caribbean Green Spice Ingredients:
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 1 one-inch piece of fresh ginger root
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 package chicken bouillon
- 1 fresh habanero pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- Rinse cilantro, wash pepper, peel the ginger root, and chop it. Place all spice ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Taste to see if you feel anything needs to be adjusted.
- Store in the refrigerator and this should last for a month. The spice mix can also be mixed with melted cheese for nachos or in salsa.
- Take 2 boneless chicken breasts and clean them with lime juice and rinse.
- Add soy sauce and brown sugar to 1 cup of the green spice mixture and mix them together.
- With a knife, make slashes in chicken and then coat with green spice mix, making sure that you fill slashed areas with seasoning.
- Marinate chicken overnight in the refrigerator. The next day, take the chicken out of the refrigerator about an hour before grilling to come to room temperature.
- Place on grill and cook until chicken is done and a little charred.
- Serve with red beans and rice, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, plantains, or any other “island style” dishes that you like.