floridacentral Credit Union is dedicated to preserving and protecting the privacy and confidentiality of its members. The information that you share with us will only be used to fulfill our purpose of adding significant value to your financial life. Your information is never sold to anyone. Your privacy and your trust in us are considered critical in every aspect of the operation of your credit union. You can count on us to do what is right in maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information.
Information We Collect
floridacentral Credit Union and its affiliates collect only relevant information about our members as allowed or required by law in order for us to conduct the Credit Union's business and service your accounts. We collect the following information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms. This is to provide you with the products and services you request.
- Information about your transactions and account experience with us and our affiliates.
- Information from a consumer credit report.
- Information from other outside sources regarding employment, credit, or other relationships with you or verifying representatives made by you such as employment history, etc.
Sharing of Information with Companies that Work With Us
In order to conduct the business of the Credit Union, we may share your member information with companies that work with us to provide you products and services that you've requested or already have with us. We share the information needed to provide those products and services and to provide quality member service. Some of these companies may include financial service providers such as insurance companies and payment processing companies and nonfinancial companies such as check printing, statement processing and data processing companies.
floridacentral Credit Union and its affiliates may also work closely to offer products and services to meet member needs.
Information Sharing Restrictions
floridacentral Credit Union will not release, share or sell your nonpublic personal information to any non-affiliated third parties.
- Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy
- floridacentral Credit Union maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information
As a member of floridacentral Credit Union, you too have a responsibility to safeguard your financial information. You can do this by protecting your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
Use caution when disclosing any personal financial information to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the Credit Union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Make sure you keep your information with us current.
If you terminate your membership with floridacentral Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
Protecting Privacy of Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from minors.
If you prefer that we do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to affiliated third parties, you should call us at (813) 879-3333 or (800) 528-3330 to receive an Opt-out form.